PLM/400/4500/B/G Single Pillar Mezzanine Floor Lift
This Single Pillar Mezzanine Floor Lift has a Safe Working Load of 400 Kgs and a lift height of 4500mm. The lifting platform was big enough to allow a dolaf bin to be loaded onto the lifting platform. At the upper level, there was a landing plate to allow easy unloading. The Mezzanine Floor Lift was manufactured from Grade 304 stainless steel and is a welded construction throughout. The Mezzanine Floor Lift was designed to be bolted to the floor without the need for a pit. The lifting is accomplished via a motor gearbox mounted at the top of the main column and a ¾” Duplex chain.
Safety Guard to BS EN 14120:2015 Safety of Machinery Guards
The safety guard is constructed from 40 x 40 x 3mm stainless steel box section and 1.5mm stainless steel sheet to meet the guidelines of BS EN 14120:2015 Safety of Machinery Guards. This guard reached to a height of 2200mm above the upper floor level, having a hinged door at each level through which the Mezzanine Floor Lift can be loaded and unloaded. Each door is electrically interlocked to prevent the Mezzanine Floor Lift being operated with a door open and in addition, the doors are mechanically locked closed whilst the Mezzanine Floor Lift is running. Each door may only be opened when the lifting carriage is at the appropriate level.
Mezzanine Floor Lift Electrical Control
This Mezzanine Floor Lift was fitted with an IP65 Stainless Steel Control Panel mounted on the safety guard at a convenient position to give good maintenance access under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulation 1998 (PUWER). The control panel incorporated the following controls; Up, Down, Guard Release, Emergency Stop, Cleaning Key Switch and a Reset Facility. There was a remote Stainless Steel push button station at the upper level incorporating the following controls; Up, Down, Guard Release and Emergency Stop.
Dual Upper and Lower end of travel limit switches are positioned to prevent inadvertent adjustment or damage but are easily adjustable by trained personnel for fine adjustment on site. The Mezzanine Floor Lift operation is latched so that pressing the respective ‘Up’ or ‘Down’ push buttons once will raise or lower the lift to the other floor level. Each time the Lift Carriage activates the upper limit switch, an electrical actuator will be driven out underneath the lift carriage to support it while it is loaded. Before the lift can move again, the actuator will retract automatically once the down button is pressed.
Mezzanine Floor Lift Safe Access System
This Safe Access System will be fitted to your Mezzanine Floor Lift during manufacture to allow access to the inside of the safety guard at the lower level for maintenance and housekeeping. The Access System will operate as follows:-
- The lift frame must be empty, at the full up position and the safety guard gate must be closed
- At the full up position, the lift carriage is prevented from moving by a 50mm support bar driven out beneath the lift carriage using an electrical actuator
- As the bar is engaged, it will alter the state of 2 off separate safety limit switches
- The one switch will disable the Mezzanine Floor Lift safety circuit and relay
- The second limit switch will allow the lower safety guard door to be opened providing that the Safe Access Key Switch has been operated
- It is now safe to enter the lift enclosure with the Mezzanine Floor Lift disabled and the lift carriage supported
- To re-instate the Mezzanine Floor Lift operation, the above sequence is reversed