PLM/600/1720/B/G Single Pillar Heavy Duty Pallet Lift
This Single Pillar Heavy Duty Pallet Lift has a Safe Working Load of 600 Kgs and a lift height of 1720mm. The lifting platform was big enough to allow a Standard Pallet 1200 x 1000mm to be loaded long side leading by being wheeled onto the lifting platform. The Heavy Duty Pallet Lift was manufactured from Grade 304 stainless steel and is a welded construction throughout. The Heavy Duty Pallet Lift is designed to be bolted to the floor without the need for a pit. The lifting is accomplished via a motor gearbox mounted at the top of the main column and a 1” Simplex chain.
Safety Guard to BS EN 14120:2015 Safety of Machinery Guards
The safety guard is constructed from 40 x 40 x 3mm stainless steel box section and 40 x 40mm aperture, 3mm wire weld mesh to meet the guidelines of BS EN 14120:2015 Safety of Machinery Guards. This guard will reach to a height of 2200mm above the ground floor on three sides and a height of 1720mm on the unloading side. There were a pair of hinged doors at the ground floor through which the Heavy Duty Pallet Lift was loaded and unloaded. Each door is electrically interlocked to prevent the Heavy Duty Pallet Lift being operated with a door open and in addition, the doors are mechanically locked closed whilst the Heavy Duty Pallet Lift is running. The guard doors can only be opened when the lifting carriage is at the ground floor level.
Heavy Duty Pallet Lift Electrical Control
This Heavy Duty Pallet Lift is fitted with an IP65 Stainless Steel Control Panel which is mounted on the main column at a convenient position to give good maintenance access under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulation 1998 (PUWER). The control panel incorporates the following controls; Guard Release, Emergency Stop, Cleaning Key Switch and a Reset Facility. There will be a remote Stainless Steel push button station at the upper level incorporating the following controls; Up, Down, and Emergency Stop.
Dual Upper and Lower end of travel limit switches are positioned to prevent inadvertent adjustment or damage but are easily adjustable by trained personnel for fine adjustment on site. The Heavy Duty Pallet Lift operation is on a hold to run principle controlled from the Upper Push Button Station. As soon as a push button is released, the Heavy Duty Pallet Lift will stop. Each time the Lift Carriage activates the upper limit switch, an electrical actuator will be driven out underneath the lift carriage to support it. Before the lift can move again, the actuator will retract automatically once the down button is pressed.
Heavy Duty Pallet Lift Safe Access System
This Safe Access System will be fitted to your Heavy Duty Pallet Lift during manufacture to allow access to the inside of the safety guard at the lower level for maintenance and housekeeping. The Access System will operate as follows:-
- The lift frame must be empty, at the full up position and the safety guard gate must be closed
- At the full up position, the lift carriage is prevented from moving by a 50mm support bar driven out beneath the lift carriage using an electrical actuator
- As the bar is engaged, it will alter the state of 2 off separate safety limit switches
- The one switch will disable the Heavy Duty Pallet Lift safety circuit and relay
- The second limit switch will allow the lower safety guard door to be opened providing that the Safe Access Key Switch has been operated
- It is now safe to enter the lift enclosure with the Heavy Duty Pallet Lift disabled and the lift carriage supported
- To re-instate the Heavy Duty Pallet Lift operation, the above sequence is reversed