BTM/2P/1250/5530/B/G Double Pillar Warehouse Lift
This Double Pillar Warehouse Lift has a Safe Working Load of 1250 Kgs and a lift height of 5530mm to the top of the pallet at the fully raised position. The lifting platform was big enough to allow a standard pallet (1200 x 1200 x 2200mm) to be loaded using a hand pallet truck. At the upper level, there was a hand rail over which the bags are unloaded. The Warehouse Lift was manufactured from Grade 316 stainless steel and was a welded construction throughout. The lifting is accomplished via chains driven by a motor gearbox mounted at the top of the one column with a crossover shaft to the other column. The lift was made in two sections and was re-assembled on site.
Safety Guard to BS EN 14120:2015 Safety of Machinery Guards
The safety guard is constructed from 40 x 40 x 3mm stainless steel Grade 316 box section and 1.5mm stainless steel Grade 316 sheet to meet the guidelines of BS EN 14120:2015 Safety of Machinery Guards. At the upper level, the handrail over which the bags are unloaded was from box section and 2mm stainless steel sheet. This guard reached to a height of 960mm above the upper floor level, with a pair of hinged doors at the lower level through which the pallet is loaded. Each door is electrically interlocked to prevent the Warehouse Lift being operated with a door open and in addition, the doors are mechanically locked closed whilst the Warehouse Lift is running. Each door may only be opened when the lifting carriage is at the full down position
Warehouse Lift Electrical Control
This Warehouse Lift is fitted with an IP65 Stainless Steel Control Panel which is mounted on the safety guard at a convenient position to give good maintenance access under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulation 1998 (PUWER). The control panel incorporates the following controls; Up, Down, Guard Release, Emergency Stop, Cleaning Key Switch and a Reset Facility. There will be a remote Grade 316 Stainless Steel push button station at the upper level incorporating the following controls; Up, Down, Guard Release and Emergency Stop. The Warehouse Lift operation is latched so that pressing the ‘Up’ push buttons once will raise the Warehouse Lift to an intermediate position.
Having made the intermediate limit switch, control of the lift will transfer to a remote push button station at the upper level. The control will now be on a hold to run principle allowing the operator at the upper level to inch the lift up and unloaded each layer of bags until the pallet is empty. The operator can then send the lift back to the full down position. There will be an Over Travel Limit Switch at the upper position to prevent the operator inadvertently driving the loaded pallet too high and against the roof cladding, similar to the existing system.
Warehouse Lift Safe Access System
This Safe Access System will be fitted to your Warehouse Lift during manufacture to allow access to the floor beneath the lift carriage for cleaning and maintenance. The Access System will operate as follows:-
- The lift frame must be empty, at the full up position and the safety guard gate must be closed
- At the full up position, the lift carriage is prevented from falling by a 50mm support bar driven out beneath the lift carriage using an electrical actuator (Not 316 stainless steel.)
- As the bar is engaged, it will alter the state of 2 off separate safety limit switches
- The one switch will disable the Warehouse Lift s safety circuit and relay
- The second limit switch will allow the lower safety guard door to be opened providing that the Safe Access Key Switch has been operated
- It is now safe to enter the lift enclosure for cleaning purposes with the Warehouse Lift disabled and the lift carriage supported
- Once cleaning is complete, the above sequence is reversed