PLM/2P/1500/3300/B/G Twin Pallet Lift
This Twin Pallet Lift has a Safe Working Load of 1500 Kgs and a lift height of 3300mm. The lifting platform will be big enough to allow 2 off standard pallets (1200 x 1000 x 1800mm High) to be loaded using a hand pallet truck. At the upper level, there will be a landing plate to allow easy unloading. The Twin Pallet Lift will be manufactured from mild steel with a painted finish and is a welded construction throughout. The Twin Pallet Lift is designed to be bolted to the floor without the need for a pit. The lifting is accomplished via chains driven by a motor gearbox mounted at the top of the one column with a crossover shaft to the other column.
Safety Guard to BS EN 14120:2015 Safety of Machinery Guards
The safety guard is constructed from 40 x 40 x 3mm box section and 3mm wire, 40mm aperture weld mesh to meet the guidelines of BS EN 14120:2015 Safety of Machinery Guards. This guard will reach to a height of 2200mm above the upper floor level. At each level there will be a pair of sliding gates through which the Twin Pallet Lift can be loaded and unloaded. Each door is electrically interlocked to prevent the Twin Pallet Lift being operated with a door open and in addition, the doors are mechanically locked closed whilst the Twin Pallet Lift is running. Each door may only be opened when the lifting carriage is at the appropriate level. Each gate will opened by sliding it to the other side of the Twin Pallet Lift which means that after the first pallet is unloaded, both gates must be slid to the other side to remove the second pallet.
Twin Pallet Lift Electrical Control
This Twin Pallet Lift is fitted with an IP65 Stainless Steel Control Panel which is mounted on the safety guard at a convenient position to give good maintenance access under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulation 1998 (PUWER). The control panel incorporates the following controls; Up, Down, Guard Release, Emergency Stop, Cleaning Key Switch and a Reset Facility. There will be a remote push button station at the upper level incorporating the following controls; Up, Down, Guard Release and Emergency Stop. The Twin Pallet Lift operation is latched so that pressing the respective ‘Up’ or ‘Down’ push buttons once will raise or lower the lift to the other floor level. Each time the Lift Carriage activates the upper limit switch, an electrical actuator will be driven out underneath the lift carriage to support it while it is loaded. Before the lift can move again, the actuator will retract automatically once the down button is pressed.
Twin Pallet Lift Cleaning System
This cleaning system will be fitted to your Twin Pallet Lift during manufacture to allow access to the floor beneath the lift carriage for cleaning. The cleaning system will operate as follows:-
- The lift frame must be empty, at the full up position and the safety guard gate must be closed
- At the full up position, the lift carriage is prevented from falling by a 50mm support bar driven out beneath the lift carriage using an electrical actuator
- As the bar is engaged, it will alter the state of 2 off separate safety limit switches
- The one switch will disable the twins pallet lift safety circuit and relay
- The second limit switch will allow the lower safety guard door to be opened providing that the Cleaning Key Switch has been operated
- It is now safe to enter the lift enclosure for cleaning purposes with the twin pallet lift disabled and the lift carriage supported
- Once cleaning is complete, the above sequence is reversed