PLM/500/2895/B/G Single Pillar Guarded Platform Lift
This Single Pillar Guarded Platform Lift had a Safe Working Load of 500 Kgs and a lift height of 2895mm. The maximum footprint of the Guarded Platform Lift was 2500 x 1600mm and the lifting platform was 2000 x 900mm with a clear height inside the platform of 1800mm. At the upper level, there was a landing plate to bridge the gap onto the lift carriage to allow easy unloading. The Guarded Platform Lift was manufactured from mild steel with a durable powder coated finish and was a welded construction throughout. The Guarded Platform Lift was designed to be bolted to the floor without the need for a pit. The lifting was accomplished via a chain driven by a motor gearbox mounted at the top of the main column. The guarded platform lift was manufactured in two sections to allow it to be installed.
Safety Guard to BS EN 14120:2015 Safety of Machinery Guards
The safety guard is constructed from 40 x 40 x 3mm steel box section and 2mm sheet to meet the guidelines of BS EN 14120:2015 Safety of Machinery Guards. This guard will reach to a height of 2200mm above the upper floor level, having a pair of hinged door at each level through which the Guarded Platform Lift can be loaded and unloaded. All hinged safety guard doors were fitted with 3mm mesh rather than sheet. Each door is electrically interlocked to prevent the Guarded Platform Lift being operated with a door open and in addition, the doors are mechanically locked closed whilst the Guarded Platform Lift is running. Each door may only be opened when the lifting carriage is at the appropriate level.
Guarded Platform Lift Electrical Control
This Guarded Platform Lift is fitted with an IP65 Stainless Steel Control Panel which is mounted on the safety guard at a convenient position to give good maintenance access under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulation 1998 (PUWER). The control panel incorporates the following controls; Up, Down, Guard Release, Emergency Stop, Cleaning Key Switch and a Reset Facility. There will be a remote push button station at the upper level incorporating the following controls; Up, Down, Guard Release and Emergency Stop. The guarded platform lift operation is latched so that pressing the respective ‘Up’ or ‘Down’ push buttons once will raise or lower the lift to the other floor level. Each time the Lift Carriage activates the upper limit switch, an electrical actuator will be driven out underneath the lift carriage to support it while it is loaded. Before the lift can move again, the actuator will retract automatically once the down button is pressed.
Guarded Platform Lift Cleaning System
This cleaning system will be fitted to your guarded Platform Lift during manufacture to allow access to the floor beneath the lift carriage for cleaning. The cleaning system will operate as follows:-
- The lift frame must be empty, at the full up position and the safety guard gate must be closed
- At the full up position, the lift carriage is prevented from falling by a 50mm support bar driven out beneath the lift carriage using an electrical actuator
- As the bar is engaged, it will alter the state of 2 off separate safety limit switches
- The one switch will disable the guarded platform lift safety circuit and relay
- The second limit switch will allow the lower safety guard door to be opened providing that the Cleaning Key Switch has been operated
- It is now safe to enter the lift enclosure for cleaning purposes with the guarded platform lift disabled and the lift carriage supported
- Once cleaning is complete, the above sequence is reversed