PLM/2P/1500/6570/B/G Mezzanine Floor Lift
This Mezzanine Floor Lift System consists of an Infeed Conveying System, a Mezzanine Floor Lift and an Outfeed Conveying System. The Mezzanine Floor Lift would have a 1500 Kgs Safe Working Load and a 6570mm lift height. The maximum stacked height of a lift will not exceed 2000mm and the maximum load will not exceed 1500 Kgs. Some of the Pallets will contain 4 off Drums and the overall size of the load will be approximately 1250 x 1250mm.
The Mezzanine Floor Lift was be positioned at the edge of a Mezzanine Floor with an Infeed Conveyor System at the bottom, a Transfer Conveyor on the Lift Carriage and an Outfeed Conveyor System at the top. All Conveyors were 1500mm Wide x 1500mm long with a Safe Working Load of 1500 Kgs. The Pallets were loaded onto the Infeed Conveyor System using a Fork Lift Truck and were unloaded at the Upper Level using a special lift truck. The Mezzanine Floor Lift was constructed from mild steel with a powder coated finish and was designed to be bolted to the floor without the need for a pit. The lifting is accomplished via a pair of Heavy Duty 1” Duplex Lifting Chains driven by a motor gearbox mounted at the top of the one column with a crossover shaft to the other column.
Safety Guard to BS EN 14120:2015 Safety of Machinery Guards
The safety guard is constructed from 40 x 40 x 3mm box section and 40 x 40 x 3mm wire weld mesh to meet the guidelines of BS EN 14120:2015 Safety of Machinery. The guard reached to a height of 2200mm above the upper floor level. There was also safety guarding along the sides of the Infeed and Outfeed Conveyor Systems with an opening at the end for loading and unloading. The entrance and exit from the systems will be protected by the use of Safety Light Barriers that will allow a Pallet to pass safely but will prevent the system from operating if personnel access the guarded area.
Mezzanine Floor Lift Electrical Control
The Mezzanine Floor Lift was supplied with a bespoke control system including HMI Control on the Main Panel, PLC, appropriate safety circuit, Conveyor and Lift Controls and Remote Push Button Stations positioned to suit at the Upper and Lower levels.
Mezzanine Floor Lift Cleaning System
This cleaning system will be fitted to the Mezzanine Floor Lift during manufacture to allow access to the floor beneath the lift carriage for cleaning. The cleaning system will operate as follows:-
Once cleaning is complete, the above sequence is reversed
- The lift frame must be empty, at the full up position and the safety guard gate must be closed
- At the full up position, the lift carriage is prevented from falling by a 50mm support bar driven out beneath the lift carriage using an electrical actuator
- As the bar is engaged, it will alter the state of 2 off separate safety limit switches
- The one switch will disable the Mezzanine Floor Lifts safety circuit and relay
- The second limit switch will allow the lower safety guard door to be opened providing that the Cleaning Key Switch has been operated
- It is now safe to enter the lift enclosure for cleaning purposes with the pallet lift disabled and the lift carriage supported