PLM/2P/1000/3000/B/G Double Pillar Goods Elevator
This Goods Elevator has a Safe Working Load of 1000 Kgs and a lift height of 3000mm. The lifting platform will be 1300 x 1100mm to allow a pallet (1200 x 1000 x 1800mm) to be loaded using a hand pallet or forktruck. The Goods Elevator will be a welded constructed from mild steel with a powder coated finish in a colour to suit. The Goods Elevator is designed to be bolted to the floor without the need for a pit. The lifting is accomplished via chains driven by a motor gearbox mounted at the top of the one column with a crossover shaft to the other column.
Safety Guard to BS EN 14120:2015 Safety of Machinery Guards
The safety guard is constructed from 40 x 40 x 3mm box section and 3mm wire, 40mm aperture weld mesh to meet the requirements of BS EN 14120:2015 Safety of Machinery Guards. This guard will reach to a height of 2200mm above the upper floor level. At both levels there will be a single door that will hinge outwards. All doors are electrically interlocked to prevent the Goods Elevator being operated with a door open and in addition, the doors are mechanically locked closed whilst the elevator is running. Each door may only be opened when the lifting carriage is at the appropriate level.
Goods Elevator Electrical Control
This Goods Elevator is fitted with an IP65 Stainless Steel Control Panel which is mounted on the safety guard at a convenient position to give good maintenance access under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulation 1998 (PUWER). The control panel incorporates the following controls; Up, Down, Guard Release, Emergency Stop, Cleaning Key Switch and a Reset Facility. There will be a remote Stainless Steel push button station at the upper level incorporating the following controls; Up, Down, Guard Release and Emergency Stop.
Dual Upper and Lower end of travel limit switches are positioned to prevent inadvertent adjustment or damage but are easily adjustable by trained personnel for fine adjustment on site. The Goods Elevator operation is latched so that pressing the respective ‘Up’ or ‘Down’ push buttons once will raise or lower the lift to the other floor level. Each time the Lift Carriage activates the upper limit switch, an electrical actuator will be driven out underneath the lift carriage to support it while it is loaded. Before the lift can move again, the actuator will retract automatically once the down button is pressed.
Goods Elevator Safe Access System
This Safe Access System will be fitted to your Pallet Lift during manufacture to allow access to the inside of the safety guard at the lower level for maintenance and housekeeping. The Access System will operate as follows:-
- The lift frame must be empty, at the full up position and the safety guard gate must be closed
- At the full up position, the lift carriage is prevented from moving by a 50mm support bar driven out beneath the lift carriage using an electrical actuator
- As the bar is engaged, it will alter the state of 2 off separate safety limit switches
- The one switch will disable the goods elevator safety circuit and relay
- The second limit switch will allow the lower safety guard door to be opened providing that the Safe Access Key Switch has been operated
- It is now safe to enter the lift enclosure with the goods elevator disabled and the lift carriage supported
- To re-instate the machine operation, the above sequence is reversed