PLM/300/1600/B/G Single Pillar Stainless Steel Platform Lift
This Stainless Steel Platform Lift has a Safe Working Load of 300 Kgs and a lift height of 1600mm. The lifting platform was 1300 x 900mm to allow either a Blue Bin (1200mm L x 800mm W x 750mm H) or a Trolley (900mm L x 700mm W x 1000mm H) to be loaded at the ground floor and to lift to a mezzanine floor at a height of 1600mm. At the upper level, there was a landing plate to allow easy unloading directly onto the mezzanine floor. The Stainless Steel Platform Lift is constructed from Grade 304 stainless steel, is fully welded throughout and is designed to be bolted to the floor without the need for a pit. The lifting is accomplished via a motor gearbox mounted at the top of the main column and a ¾” Duplex chain.
Safety Guard to BS EN 14120:2015 Safety of Machinery Guards
The safety guard is constructed from 40 x 40 x 3mm stainless steel box section and 2mm stainless steel sheet to meet the requirements of BS EN 14120:2015 Safety of Machinery Guards. This guard will reach to a height of 2200mm above the mezzanine floor level, having a hinged doors at each level through which the Stainless Steel Platform Lift can be loaded and unloaded. All doors are electrically interlocked to prevent the Stainless Steel Platform Lift being operated with any door open and in addition, the doors are mechanically locked closed whilst the Stainless Steel Platform Lift is running. Each door may only be opened when the lifting carriage is at the appropriate level.
Stainless Steel Platform Lift Electrical Control
This Stainless Steel Platform Lift is fitted with an IP65 Stainless Steel Control Panel which is mounted on the safety guard at a convenient position to give good maintenance access under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulation 1998 (PUWER). The control panel incorporates the following controls; Up, Down, Guard Release, Emergency Stop, Cleaning Key Switch and a Reset Facility. There will be a remote Stainless Steel push button station at the upper level incorporating the following controls; Up, Down, Guard Release and Emergency Stop.
Dual Upper and Lower end of travel limit switches are positioned to prevent inadvertent adjustment or damage but are easily adjustable by trained personnel for fine adjustment on site. The Stainless Steel Platform Lift operation is latched so that pressing the respective ‘Up’ or ‘Down’ push buttons once will raise or lower the lift to the other floor level. Each time the Lift Carriage activates the upper limit switch, an electrical actuator will be driven out underneath the lift carriage to support it while it is loaded. Before the lift can move again, the actuator will retract automatically once the down button is pressed.
Stainless Steel Platform Lift Cleaning System
This cleaning system is fitted to the Stainless Steel Platform Lift during manufacture to allow access to the floor beneath the lift carriage for cleaning. The cleaning system operates as follows:-
- The lift frame must be empty, at the full up position and the safety guard gate must be closed
- At the full up position, the lift carriage is prevented from falling by a 50mm support bar driven out beneath the lift carriage using an electrical actuator
- As the bar is engaged, it will alter the state of 2 off separate safety limit switches
- The one switch will disable the Stainless Steel Platform Lifts safety circuit and relay
- The second limit switch will allow the lower safety guard door to be opened providing that the Cleaning Key Switch has been operated
- It is now safe to enter the lift enclosure for cleaning purposes with the Stainless Steel Platform Lift disabled and the lift carriage supported
- Once cleaning is complete, the above sequence is reversed