BTM/250/1000/B/G Parcel Container Tipper
This Parcel Container Tipper is designed to lift and tip the Royal Mail York Container at a discharge height of 1000mm generally as per our Layout Drawing BP3741-1B. The Parcel Container Tipper is a fully welded steel construction and is designed to be bolted to the floor. This Parcel Container Tipper would be powered via a Helical Bevel gearbox and would tip the York Containers to an angle of 180 degrees.
The Parcel Container Tipper would be wheeled into lift frame and would be raised by rotation of the lifting carriage by the motor gearbox. As the York Container is tipped over, the discharge of mail and parcels will be in a controlled manner to a full tip angle of 180 degrees. The York Container would be securely retained in the lift carriage in the fully tipped position.
Safety Guard to BS EN 14120:2015 Safety of Machinery Guards
The safety guard is constructed from 40 x 40 x 3mm box section and 3mm wire, 40mm aperture weld mesh to meet the guidelines of BS EN 14120:2015 Safety of Machinery Guards. It encloses the Parcel Container Tipper to a height of 2200mm on two sides, 1000mm at the tipping side with a pair of interlocked hinged guard doors on the fourth side. The guard doors are electrically and mechanically interlocked to prevent the Parcel Container Tipper from operating if either door is open. Additionally, the guard doors can only be opened when the lift carriage is at the full down position to prevent access whilst a load is raised.
Also included is an additional electrically interlocked safety guard door that will allow access into the side of the safety guard at the tipping area to retrieve any parcels that may fall out at this position and also to allow access for cleaning and maintenance to take place.
Parcel Container Tipper Electrical Control
The Parcel Container Tipper is fitted with an IP65 Stainless Steel Control Panel which is mounted on the safety guard at a convenient position to give good maintenance access under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulation 1998 (PUWER). The control panel incorporates all of the controls for the tipper and conveyor. The proposed parcel container tipper operation is as follows:-
- The York Container will be loaded into the Parcel Container Tipper and the Guard Door closed
- There will be a proximity sensor at the front of the lifting frame that will sense that the York Container is loaded correctly before the container can be tipped
- The System Start button would be pressed which would cause the parcel container tipper to lift and tip
- The tipping cycle will be automated until the full up position is reached and all of the mail is tipped out
- We have also included an Inverter in the control system so that the tipping operation speed can also be adjusted
- Once the tipper has reached the full tip position and the mail has been discharged, the York Container will be lowered automatically
- The guard gate interlock switch is then released via a ‘Guard Release’ push button and the door opened at the same time
- The empty container can then be removed and replaced with a full container and the whole cycle repeated
- The parcel container tipper will be fitted with an Emergency Stop push button which will be interfaced with the Conveyor
The above Parcel Container Tipper discharged into a hopper feeding onto a Belt Transfer Conveyor which was 750mm Wide, 8000mm long with a Working Height of 900mm. The conveyor bed was formed into a trough with 100mm high sides at the operator side and 250mm high sides on the York Container side to prevent parcels from dropping onto the floor.
Belt Width: 750mm
Belt Height: 900mm + 50mm
Belt Length: 8000mm
Belt Type: 2 Ply Black PVC Matt complete with Tracking Guide Drive Type: 113mm Diameter Drum Motor
Drive Specification: 0.25Kw, 3 Phase, 415V, 50 Hz
Nominal Conveyor: Speed To be confirmed
Adjustable Speed: Yes, via an Inverter
Support Stands: Yes, with Adjustable Feet + 50mm Adjustment
Construction: Mild Steel Wet Spray Blue RAL 5010
Power Supply: 415Vac, 3 Phase