BTM/2P/1000/5000/B/G Double Pillar Pallet Box Tipper
This Double Pillar Pallet Box Tipper was designed to lift and tip a 1000 Kgs Pallet Box container (1200mm L x 1000mm W x 1700mm H) at a discharge height of 5000mm. The Pallet Box Tipper is manufactured from Grade 304 stainless steel, is a welded construction throughout and is designed to be bolted to the floor. The lifting is accomplished via chains driven by a motor gearbox mounted at the top of the one column with a crossover shaft to the other column.
Safety Guard to BS EN 14120:2015 Safety of Machinery Guards
This Pallet Box Tipper was supplied complete with a safety guard to meet the guidelines of BS EN 14120:2015 Safety of Machinery Guards. The safety guard is constructed from 40 x 40 x 3mm stainless steel box section and 2.0mm stainless steel sheet. The safety guard encloses the Pallet Box Tipper to a height of 6000mm on all sides, with a pair of hinged guard doors on one side for loading the Palletainers. The guard doors are electrically and mechanically interlocked preventing the Pallet Box Tipper from operating when a door is open. Additionally, the guard doors can only be opened when the lift carriage is at the full down position to prevent access whilst a load is raised.
Pallet Box Tipper Electrical Control
This Pallet Box Tipper was fitted with an IP65 Stainless Steel Control Panel mounted on the Safety Guard at a convenient position to give good maintenance access under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulation 1998 (PUWER). The control panel incorporates the following controls; Up, Down, Guard Release, Emergency Stop and a Reset Facility. There will also be a remote Push Button Station at the upper level to allow the Operator at that level to control the final stage of the tipping action and to ensure that any frozen lumps of product are broken up at that time.
Upper and Lower end of travel DUAL limit switches were positioned to prevent inadvertent adjustment or damage but were easily adjustable by trained personnel for fine adjustment on site. The guarded Pallet Box Tipper operation is latched so that pressing the ‘Up’ push button once will raise the lift until it reaches the intermediate limit switch, where it stopped. Control Operation then transferred to the upper push button station, where both the ‘Up’ and ‘Down’ buttons operated on a holkd to run basis. Once all product has been discharged, pressing the ‘Full Down’ push button on the upper pushbutton station lowered the lift under latched control until it reaches and stops on the lower end of travel limits. The control panel had a volt free pair of contacts which can be used to connect a ‘Call to Run’ signal if required.
Pallet Box Tipper Cleaning & Safe Access System
This Cleaning & Safe Access System wias fitted to the Pallet Box Tipper during manufacture to allow safe access to the inside of the safety guard at the lower level for cleaning and maintenance.
The Cleaning & Safe Access System operated as follows:-
- The lift frame must be empty and the safety guard gates must be closed
- The Cleaning & Safe Access mode will be selected on the Main Control Panel
- Once selected, the lift carriage can be driven under ‘hold to run’ control to a Cleaning position limit switch
- At this position, the lift carriage is prevented from moving by a 50mm support bar driven out beneath the lift carriage using an electrical actuator
- As the bar is engaged, it will alter the state of 2 off separate safety limit switches
- The one switch will disable the Pallet Box Tippers safety circuit and relay
- The second limit switch will allow the lower safety guard doors to be opened providing that the Safe Access Key Switch has been operated
- It is now safe to enter the lift enclosure with the Pallet Box Tipper disabled and the lift carriage supported for cleaning or maintenance purposes
- To re-instate the Pallet Box Tipper operation, the above sequence is reversed